International Guest Seminar
"Environmental Engineering Research in Oman"
- 日 時
- 2018年8月10日（金）10：30 - 12：00
- 場 所
- 総合地球環境学研究所 セミナー室3・4 (⇒アクセス）
- 主 催
- 総合地球環境学研究所 オープンチームサイエンスプロジェクト
- Dr. Mahad Baawain (Associate Professor, Department of Civil & Architectural Engineering, Sultan Qaboos University, Oman)
- 要 旨
- The Sultanate of Oman is located at the southeastern coast of the Arabian Peninsula in Western Asia. The current population is around 4.5 million. The country is developing mega industrial projects in 3 main ports and through 9 industrial estates. Thus, there is a need for careful environmental research to address and solve environmental challenges that the country might face due to the industrial activities. This seminar tries to address the potential environmental issues in the sector of drinking water, wastewater management, air quality and solid waste management issues. The seminar will provide some ideas about the current research about groundwater and seawater desalination. It will also illustrates the efforts done in wastewater treatment and reuse activities. Further, it will show some of the efforts done in the solid waste collection, transport and disposal along with current ideas regarding reuse and recycling issues. Finally, it will provide the opportunities in terms of research and investments in the environmental engineering sector in Oman.
- オープンチームサイエンスプロジェクト 近藤康久