- YRiS News Letter vol.8 was published.[uploaded on Feb.6,2008]
- Japanese summary of News Letter vol.8 was uploaded.[Feb.6,2008]
- RR2002 data products
were released. [Apr.1, 2007]
- HydroChange 2008
will be held in Kyoto in October 1-3 2008.[Nov. 17, 2006]
- East Asia Daily Precipitation Analysis
A new gauge-based data set of daily precipitation over the East Asia is now available at the above site. [Jun. 1, 2006]
Implementation period of the Yellow River Project is 2003-2007
Objectives of the project
The Yellow River does not reach often to the Bo-Hai Bay since 1970's. Recent crisis occurred in the Yellow River basin is complicated because natural climate fluctuation, global warming and change of land utilization may affect each another. This research aims at enhanced knowledge on planning countermeasures in the Yellow River drainage basin through the contribution from specific research fields under international collaboration with Chinese Academy of Science and IGBP community.
This research project consists of
- (1) Yellow River Project of RIHN (Research Institute for Humanity and Nature), Inter-University Research Institute, Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT), Japan, and
- (2) A part of Revolutionary Research Project of the MEXT entitled as "Development of Simulation Models for Hydrology and Water Resources" which is subject No.6 of "Coexistence of People, Nature and the Earth (RR2002)"
This research project is implemented by a joint research group of the following institutes; Research Institute for Humanity and Nature (RIHN), Chinese Academy of Science, Ocean University of China, and collaborations with Hydrospheric Atmospheric Research Center (HyARC) of Nagoya University and Hydrological Cycle Research Program of Frontier Research System for Global Change (FRSGC)